Below here you will find some information about the areas of the Costa Brava. Nice for when you will make a tour by car or perhaps very useful when making a choice for your holiday.
The north of the Costa Brava:
* Portbau, just across the border with France on a beautiful bay. Portbou the decision
on a small pebble beach and a marina.
* Cadaques, a beautiful white town with no high rise hotels. This is certainly one of the nicest places on the Costa Brava. In the past, many artists have settled here, including Salvador Dali, Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso.
* Llanca located about one kilometer landinwaarts.Het small town has many of its
original character to preserve.
* Figueres is ideal for a daytrip from the nearby holiday resorts. Figueres holds a number of interesting sights, including the beautiful Teatro Museo Dali.
The center of the Costa Brava:
* Estartit has a beautiful long beach, a small fishing village and an old romantic. Directly in front lies the beach of Estartit Medes Islands, known for their fascinating underwater world.
* In Girona (Gerona) will find one of the best preserved historic cities of Spain. Narrow streets and steep streets with stairs are a gorgeous backdrop. Other attractions include: Jewish Quarter, a beautiful Cathedral and Arab Baths.
* Begur is perched on a hill on the coast and is known for its spectacular views over the Mediterranean Sea. The area around Begur is also called the Spanish Riviera "mentioned.
* Palamós is a quiet fishing village with excellent beaches and terraces, restaurants and tapas bars fisherman. famous for its magnificent sunset.
The south coast of the Costa Brava
* Lloret de Mar is one of the best known resorts in Spain. The number of hotels and disco `s" Lloret "is almost endless. It is a popular destination among the British, Belgian, Dutch, German and Scandinavian people.
*The relatively quiet Tossa de Mar has a beautifully restored old stadskern.Het is one of the most beautiful towns on the full-bodied southern coast of the Costa Brava.
* Blanes is very similar to Lloret de Mar.Hotels, clubs and apartments are plentiful. The main target group western european young people looking for sun, sand and entertainment. Blanes in the historic town and fishing port preserved.
* Malgrat de Mar is a little smaller in scope than Lloret de Mar. It is ideal for young people looking for fun, which is readily available in this lively resort. The old town is fairly intact. Together with the adjacent resort of Santa Sussana almost a whole.
* Calella is a lively resort and consists of an old part with cozy fish restaurants and a new section where many disco's, hotels and apartments. Calella you will also find it extremely popular among young Dutch party and eatery: Hansel & Gretel.
* The former fishing village of Pineda de Mar is a little quieter than its bigger brothers, this season in the very busy part of the Costa Brava. It has a nice center with (fish) restaurants and tapas bars.
* Platja d'Aro is a very busy summer holiday destination for tourists, especially from Germany, the Netherlands and England. It owns an approximately 3 km long sandy beach.
* Sant Feliu de Guixols is one of the most beautiful places on the south coast of the Costa Brava. The city does not focus on mass tourism. It is an excellent destination for tourists in addition to its beaches, looking for culture and comfort.
* Barcelona after the Spanish capital Madrid, the main city in Spain. About fascinating Barcelona is obviously much to mention. See also the Barcelona website.
The Costa Brava offers everything, whether you are a relaxation on the sandy beaches, alights on a terrace or enjoy the exciting nightlife, the Costa Brava to get enough time!